Cameca CAMEBAX Electron Microprobe Analyzer 4 Spectrometers
Electron Microprobe Analyzer: This instrument is designed for quantitative microanalysis using both wavelength and energy dipersive X-ray spectrometry. Samples may be imaged by light optics (transmitted and reflected light) or electron optics (secondary and backscattered electrons and sample current mode) to determine the desired locations for analysis.
- WDS, SEM, XEDS
- 1 to 50 Kv (continuously variable)
- ~10^-6 torr
- Four vertical wavelength dispersive spectrometers, with four crystal types covering the range of elements from B to U. Data aquisition is microprocessor and computer controlled throughout the process of standardization, analysis, and data output. Up to 15 elements may be analyzed simultaneously with the available software.
- Apple Macintosh controlled data aquisition and data analysis.
- The sample stage is microprocessor controlled and its position is reproducible in X, Y, and Z to 1 µm. Analysis locations may be stored for unattended quantitative analysis of individual points, lines, and grids. There are additional stage automation routines for profiling elemental concentrations over a known distance.
- Apple Macintosh controlled stage control.
- Be window Si-Li X-ray detector capable of detecting elements with Z > 11.
- Semi-quantitative analysis software routines are available.
- Computer may also be used for the aquisition of secondary electron, backscattered electron, and X-ray digital images.
- Anti-contamination system for analysis of light elements.
- Sample TV viewing screen.
- Fast beam blanking.
- Additional non-automated stage and tilt control.