These pages contain an archive of the significant events in the University of Michigan Electron Microbeam Analysis Laboratory. Brief descriptions of the articles follow:
- EMAL News Volume 11 - EMAL 40th Anniversary Symposium (Archived 30th June 2009) - The EMAL 40th Anniversary Symposium was held on October 19th and 20th, 2009, from 8:00am - 5:30pm in 1670 Computer Science & Engineering, on the North Campus of the University of Michigan.
- EMAL News Volume 10 (Archived October 2009) - "New" Environmental SEM available! Scope Data 1 and Scope Data 2 to be "retired." New Card Reader on-line. Reminder about Scanning Probe Data Analysis.
- EMAL News Volume 9 (February 2005) - New additions coming to EMAL, including two new people on the staff.
- EMAL News Volume 8 (Winter 2004/5) - We had a flood in EMAL over the Xmas 2004 break.
- EMAL News Volume 7 (Summer 2004) - A lot has occurred during the summer at EMAL, including a new sputter/carbon coater, new e-mail machines, and an updated website.
- EMAL News Volume 6 (New Equipment) - John Mansfield prepared two proposals to the National Science Foundation this last year, one for The Major Research Instrumentation Program (NSF #MRI-0320740) and one for the Instrumentation for Materials Research Program (NSF #IMR-0315633). Both were successful and as a result there will be three new pieces of equipment delivered to EMAL early in 2004.
- EMAL News Volume 5 (December 2003) - Update on the installation of the Nova FIB System and the introduction of Kai Sun, a new staff member at EMAL.
- EMAL News Volume 4 (April 12, 2000) - Update on installation of the new JEOL 2010F for North Campus EMAL and a new data analysis computer available in North Campus EMAL.
- EMAL News Volume 3 (March 22, 2000) - Update on installation of the new JEOL 2010F for North Campus EMAL.
- EMAL News Volume 2 - Delivery and initial installation of the new JEOL 2010F for North Campus EMAL.
- EMAL News Volume 1a - Early January Installment of EMAL 2010F news.
- EMAL News Volume 1 - Successful NSF grant for Central Campus EMAL, New XPS Computer for North Campus EMAL, Upgraded Auger Computer for North Campus EMAL and News of the shipping woes of the new JEOL 2010F for North Campus EMAL.
- Second Scope Acceptance Trip - November 1999 - To follow up some issues from the first trip Lumin Wang and John Mansfield took a second trip to Akashima.
- Scope Acceptance Trip - October 1999 - John Mansfield went to Akashima in mid-October to test the new JEOL 2010F AEM for the North Campus EMAL.